Let’s get this party started!
What is Jazz Appreciation Month?
Jazz Appreciation Month (fondly known as “JAM”) was created at the Smithsonian Museum in 2002 to herald and celebrate the extraordinary heritage and history of jazz for the entire month of April.
JAM is intended to stimulate and encourage people of all ages to participate in jazz – to study the music, attend concerts, listen to jazz on radio and recordings, read books about jazz, and more.
Question: As a jazz fan what can I do this month and all year to celebrate and spread the word about jazz?
Here are some suggestions:
- Attend a jazz concert at a local concert hall, performing arts organization, church, school, college, or jazz society
- Follow your favorite musicians or groups on social media
- Seek out new jazz music, musicians, and albums
- Share your favorite music, musicians, or new finds with friends and peers
- Read a biography about one…
View original post 158 more words